When applying for any type of visa, certain conditions must be met, some of them are not to have any cause of inadmissibility or cause of ineligibility for the visa you are applying for. Failure to comply with these requirements is cause for the visa to be denied.
Being inadmissible or ineligible can cause the visa to be denied, not renewed, or even a visa that you already have may be canceled. These grounds can also cause an immigration officer to deny you entry to the country, even if you have a valid partnership visitor visa.
In this article, we will talk about the grounds of ineligibility, which, although they are easier to solve than the grounds of inadmissibility, are worth keeping in mind when visiting a consulate or embassy to apply for a partnership visitor visa.
Keep in mind that the discretion or point of view of immigration officials is a very important factor when granting a visa, and it is for this reason that if two people have the same cause of ineligibility, the officer can deny the partnership visitor visato one and granting it to another, and for this, they can take into account many other factors or not.
WHY CAN YOUR PARTNERSHIP VISITOR VISA BE DENIED?
- Long visits or extension requests. Your visa can be denied if requests for long stays or requests for extensions make consular officers or immigration agents suspect in ports that they are working illegally, they are not on the right visa (studying on a partnership visitor visa) or they no longer have strong ties to your country of origin.
- Officer problems. Consular officers or immigration agents may have difficulties, due to language problems or experience problems, some may deny a visa or entry for suspicion when there really is no basis for it.
- Pretend to obtain a tourist visa for very long stays. This raises suspicions about whether they have strong ties to the country of origin or not, or that it is suspected that they intend to work or study with a tourist visa, which is not allowed, and therefore the visa is denied.
- Have the profile of people who remain illegally in the country. If the consular officer suspects that the person intends to stay illegally, he has the power to deny the visa for reasons of ineligibility. It is the duty of the applicant to demonstrate that this type of suspicion is not real.
- Participate in the diversity lottery. Participating in the lottery is not usually the cause for a visa to be denied, but if the consular officer considers, in a discretionary manner, that the person does not intend to respect the conditions of the partnership visitor visa and / or does not intend to return to his country, he may deny it.
- Document problems, including fraud. The documents that are presented in the interviews must be correctly filled out. Especially, they must be authentic, including the references for employment, extracts, and patrimonial tests. If the officer suspects that they are not real, they can either leave the visa approval pending for further investigation or they can deny it. However, if fraud is proven, the visa is denied immediately and the problems in the future are more complicated.